Saturday, January 8, 2011

Block from Susan to Staci RECEIVED!

The postman brought a chubby, squishy envelope to me today.  It's my cute as can be block from Susan!  What a happy little house under the bright blue sky, and it has a lawn greener than I'll ever have here in southern Arizona.    
That wasn't the only thing in the envelope, either!  She sent along this little mini quilt!  Susan said wanted to make her own pattern for a little quilt and try making it.  I think it was a fun experience for her, and isn't it good?  I love the little stars she quilted into the corners.  It will go up on the wall in my sewing room today.  
Thank you, Thank you, Susan!  For the Great Block and the lovely SURPRISE!

6 comments:

sunny said...

That is SO cute! And even a mini quilt to match - how sweet.

Linda G. (Stray Stitches) said...

Darling house block and the little quilt is wonderful!!

Melissa ;-) said...

Love the red white and blue star and the house block, too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Staci, I hope the colors are what you described you wanted, bright, clear and true.

Since you requested one of two different blocks, it will be fun to see what the next 11 bring to you.

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Love the little house..One of my fave things to make...

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the sky on your new little house. Your extra quilt gift is beautiful too. Love the little stars quilted in the corners.