Thursday, March 31, 2011

Just a shared moment

I was working on my block for April. My partner wants a specific block so no problem, I just have to cut and sew in her colors, right? I read the instructions, they read: "Stack the Color 1 and Color 2 3-7/8" x 31" strips right sides together and all edges aligned. Cut at 3-7/8" intervals to make eight square-pairs." So I stack Color 1 and Color 2 and proceed to cut my squares. So proud of myself, I'm gonna whip this baby right out and have it done before dawn. Unfortunately, my eye apparently got stuck on 2 and I cut eight pairs of 2-7/8" pieces. The proceeded to cut them square again at 2-7/8". Do you all think my partner will mind that her block is only 8" square? bwahahahaha Back to the sewing block...sus in spokane

4 comments:

Staci said...

Oh, I feel your pain! LOL! We've all been there--so frustrating and you feel so silly. Thanks for sharing the *joy*!

Q said...

I've been there too I even have a list of dumb dumb stuff I do when sewing on a separate page on my blog! I am very much a metric girl and recently I bought a bias maker from clover, I looked at the width of the fabric that I needed to cut 48mm or 1 and 7/8 inches, my brain said close to 5cm. So I used my imperial mat and ruler and ended up cutting 4 and 7/8 inches instead and wandering why my bias maker didn't work right .... tee hee - actually I don't think I added that to my dumb dumb list, will have to do it now!

Sewjournal said...

Welcome to the club! If there is a wrong way to do something believe me, I'll find it and do it!

Wendy said...

Oh yeah, happens to everyone at some point I'm sure. And if it doesn't maybe those of us that do can start a 'dumb dumb' support group or something. ;)